Monday, November 21, 2011

I love to bake chocolate cakes... my question is, how do i make a moist cake out of an ordinary recipe?

make a simple syrup using equal parts of sugar and water, heat water until sugar dissolves, and let cool. once cool, apply syrup to each layer of cake using a basting/marinating brush. Then ice your cake as your normally would. the simple syrup will keep your cake nice and moist, and will extend the life of the cake as well. you can also add other things to the syrup to enhance the flavor of the cake, like a banana liquor or a rum.





good luck!I love to bake chocolate cakes... my question is, how do i make a moist cake out of an ordinary recipe?
Try this recipe - it's the best chocolate cake I've ever tasted (or made!)





10 ozs SR flour


1/2 tsp salt


3 level tablespoons cocoa


6ozs caster sugar


1 level tsp bicarb


1/2 pint of milk


1/4 pint corn oil


3 level tablespoons golden syrup


1/2 tsp vanilla essence





I add one egg





Oven 180, gas 4


grease and line two 8'' tins line with greaseproof paper





Sift flour, salt,cocoa, sugar in a bowl, make a well





Dissolve bicarb in 1 tablespoon of milk and pour into the flour with


remaining milk, oil, syrup, vanilla essence (and egg) and beat well to make


a smooth batter





Pour into the tins and bake for 40 mins. Cool on a rack





Icing two and a half ounces of marg, 4 level tablespoons cocoa- melt


together





8 ozs icing sugar


3 tablespoons hot milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence---- stir into melted


mixture and ice cakeI love to bake chocolate cakes... my question is, how do i make a moist cake out of an ordinary recipe?
I'm a complete chocoholic and one of my favorite things to do is add chocolate pudding to my cake batter. By pudding I do in fact mean the ready made stuff and as long as you get the one on the shelf and not the refrigerated section you can still store the cake at room temperature. It makes it moist and a little richer.
Try this simple but amazing trick. Where the recipe calls for water, substitute a nice sweet fruit wine. I have found raspberry works best. Gives the cake a slight fruit flavor and they are super moist. You will have people begging for the recipe. And don't worry, the alcohol bakes off so no one will get drunk.
Add butter instead of oil or one more egg to make it fluffy. If you think it needs a 1/4 of water then add some as well. Also for like German Chocolate cake add coke or Dr.Pepper in the place of water. It should do the same for just chocolate as well. You can do a white cake with 7-up and make a 7-up cake which is really yummy!
I add a 1/2 cup of sour cream and 1 cup of chocolate chips to my chocolate cake. Always moist and chocolately. Drizzle with chocolate icing and sprinkle with slivered almonds. mmmmmm
Use milk instead of water for the recipe, it doesnt alter the flavour but they make some mean cakes! ~ ~I work in the hospitality industry.


Save a cake for me!!
I use honey to replace half of sugar.
  • mac rvd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment