Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is this a recipe to make fondant to cover the cake?

*1/3 cup softened butter or margarine


*1/3 cup light corn syrup


*1 teaspoon vanilla


*1/2 teaspoon salt


*3 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar ( 1lb)








do I need to make any changes if not what is another recipe for fondant?Is this a recipe to make fondant to cover the cake?
Your recipe is for the fondant or cream used in cream filled chocolate candies. There's no butter in fondant covering. Sorry, I don't like the taste of fondant on cakes so I don't have a recipe.Is this a recipe to make fondant to cover the cake?
That's not fondant to cover the cake. It wouldn't be pliable enough, I don't think. That looks like a recipe for candy centers.





I make marshmallow fondant. Here's the recipe that I use: http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fond鈥?/a>





It's easy and quick and very reliable. It has turned out well every time I've used it.
google fondant recipe and boatloads will pop up. Check epicurious.com or allrecipes.com. I am not sure what you have there. I didn't think butter went into fondant but maybe........

No comments:

Post a Comment