Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Recipe-Cake using Pressure Cooker?

how to make (or bake) an CAKE without OVEN, but using Pressure Cooker ?ive tried it but it had not baked properly. tell me in brief..plz..thanxRecipe-Cake using Pressure Cooker?
I am scared to death of pressure cookers, even though they speed things up and, I love making homefries, by cooking potatoes first in the cooker. I just freak and never use it. I tend to get expensive ones to with electronic gadgets and everything for gifts, but NO WAY STILL SCARED LOL.


This was a recipe, givng to me by a lady I worked for in hgh school she loved the pressure cooker. I have never tried it.





LIGHT FRUIT CAKE


1 lb. butter


1 lb. (4 c.) flour


1 lb. sugar


12 eggs


1 jar wine jelly


3 lb. white raisins


4 tsp. baking powder


3 tsp. nutmeg


1 c. flour to flour fruit


1 c. orange juice


Grated rind of 3 oranges


1 lb. citron


1 lb. cherries


1 lb. pineapple


1/2 lb. almonds and pecans, mixed





Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time. Next, add jelly. Add orange juice and rind to mixture alternately with flour into which baking powder and nutmeg have been sifted. Flour fruits and nuts and add to batter mixture. Cook at 300 degrees over a shallow pan of water. Baking time: Approximately 5 hours.


Alternate Method: Tie the top of pan with waxed paper. Put in pressure cooker with the petcock open for 30 minutes. Then close and cook on 15 pounds pressure for 60 minutes. Take out of pressure cooker. Remove waxed paper and place in oven for a few minutes to dry off top and brown. Water should be in the bottom of the pressure cooker.Recipe-Cake using Pressure Cooker?
Promise u'll serve me
  • get ride of
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment